Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blip Nation Interview: Meet auticomics

Blipper since: February 1, 2010

"Imagine" by John Lennon. I think it has the best message for everybody: tolerance.




Pete Dulin: What part of the world do you live in?

auticomics: Western Europe

Dulin: Since you began blipping, have you had any experiences that surprised you? Please explain.

auticomics: The many people who had interest in me, and my taste for music. still growing on the net.

Dulin: What would you change about Blip.FM to make it better?

auticomics: I would make it universal, the music rights, all over the world. That it is very clear which songs you can and cannot blip.

Dulin: What has been the most pleasant discovery, experience, or aspect of Blip.FM?

auticomics: That you can stream music without putting your computer full of songs that you never listen to in the first place.

Dulin: What type of work do you do? Do you listen to music at work? If so, what do you listen to?

auticomics: Believe it or not, I am a comic artist. (I know I wouldn't believe it.) Also, I do packaging work.

Dulin: If you could blip one song that could reach everyone on the planet, what would you choose?

auticomics: "Imagine" by John Lennon. I think it has the best message for everybody: tolerance.

Dulin: What song would you dedicate to your best friend or parent before you left for a long journey and possibly would never see them again?

auticomics: Well, none of that happens a lot to me because my real friends are counted on one hand. But, I have one song that fits for me and my best friend Maykel Gerde with who I create a few Dutch parody songs at the moment for YouTube. It´s a Dutch song so it isn´t strange if you don't get it.

ik wou dat ik jou was - veldhuis en kemper

Dulin: Pick a favorite band or artist. What song or lyric by them best expresses an aspect of you? Tell us what and why.


auticomics: "One" by U2.  "We're one but we're not the same / we've got to carry each other, carry each other."

Dulin: Imagine you are on a reality show where you must sing karaoke to an audience of friends and family. The prize is $1 million (US) that you can keep or donate to charity. What song would you sing?

auticomics: Hard one...I would sing a song from U2 or Bon Jovi. The song would have to count for the moment, especially which mood I am in.

Dulin: What is the earliest age that you can remember listening to music? What artists/bands did you like in your youth?

auticomics: Ever since I was 3 or 4 years old, that would be my earliest memory with music.

Dulin: Think of another Blip.FM DJ. You don’t have to reveal who it is. What question would you most like to ask him or her?

auticomics: @jumbojetje - How do you deal with people who don´t understand your handicap? I have autism and a lot of people don't understand that autism is more than just Rainman.

Dulin: Who would you rather meet? Lady Gaga, Madonna, Patti Smith, or another artist?

auticomics: Music, I don´t have real preference but comic artists I would like to meet Marc Retera. He does a Dutch newspaper comic called Dirkjan.

Dulin: You're in a vault at a major record label. You get to pick a secret album by any artist never before released that will be shared worldwide in 2011. What artist/band would you pick? What would you want the music to sound like?

auticomics: U2! Defnitely!

Dulin: Any other thoughts to share?

auticomics: Too many too mention, but the most twists often end up in a comic of mine ;)

If somebody would like to read them, just in case : http://auticomics.deviantart.com.

Or follow my blog: auticomics.blogspot.com
__________________________________________________________________

Pete Dulin is the co-publisher and editor of www.presentmagazine.com and writes freelance for magazines, websites, and newspapers. Always looking for the next great song, he can be found in the Blip Nation at http://blip.fm/slipperydistortion. He unleashes profound non sequiturs at Twitter.com/petedulin and publishes creative work at www.petedulin.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment